Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The First Time Tothian Saved a Life

It was January, 1996, I was just 10 years old. A bunch of kids in my town were being stupid but having fun playing in the creek and the water was frozen over when there was a lot of snow outside. The ice cracked and some girl I knew had fallen in, and immediately without thought or hesitation, I jumped in after her, and got her out. She was fine, and I was thankful for that.

As for me, my body didn't handle it too well. Actually, I got really sick and caught a pneumonia and was out of school for like over a week, maybe two but it was probably just a little more than a week.

When I kinda sorta mostly healed and back at my school again, the teacher was asking me about what happened, the incident where the girl saved me and where I got sick.

I'm like, "Wait, what?" Then the girl I saved had confessed to the teacher that she lied, and that it was really me who saved her. So the whole week or two I was away, getting sick after saving her, everyone thought that she saved ME. But, the truth did then present itself though.

And in case you're wondering, I have no regrets about this.